Friday, August 14, 2009

First day of school 2009

Natalie's first day of Junior High.


Trenton was so excited...he wanted to ride the bus to school...BYE!
Zane and Claire having fun in the backyard.


Yesterday the kids started school. Way too early if you ask me. I think school should start after labor day in September, but who listens to me? It really crept up on us and I am still getting supplies that their teachers are requesting. Melissa's classes are requiring $110 in fee's..not to mention all the other "stuff" for cheer, over $700. I thought this was public schools, don't our taxes pay for all this stuff? Natalie goes to Flagstaff Middle School and they have a very strict "uniform requirement" this year. It is a little ridiculous but Nat told me yesterday that lots of people were not following the code and they didn't get in trouble. Zane is having a little trouble getting used to his playmate Trenton being gone and asked all day long when he was getting home. It was seriously driving me crazy.  Melissa comes home tomorrow and so her first day will be Monday..the normal day for school to start..who starts school on a Thursday? Weird...hmm..I don't know , maybe I'm the weird one. Comments welcome! ha ha 

3 comments:

Karen said...

Adriano does not start back to school until Sept 8.Lucky us.We are having a great summer.

Apryl said...

well, maybe you are weird...but i like u anyway! my son barely had 8 weeks of summer...crazy.

Bethany said...

definitely too early. we always started the week after labor day.