Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Best Friend cruise 2010

Our first port "Progresso" (pretty windy) also had the
most annoying peddlers EVER!


Our door decorated with pictures...awww.



A day at sea..so relaxing by the pool with awesome Carribbean band


Love this picture of my BFF!


Some of the food and beverages in Cozumel.

Who looks this good at 40? Tiffanee does!


I think I have a "tan" or is that a sunburn?


writing fun stuff in the sand

nothing feels better than this!


yeah thats my fat behind running down the beach



I have definitely been a "blog slacker" since my last post. I wanted to write about my trip with my best childhood friend. We met when my family and hers lived on Bell Circle in Huntington Beach California when I was only 4 years old. We were best friends doing everything from making forts to me teaching her to ride a bike to "big wheels" in the rain and playing "Charlie's Angels" and so many many more great memories. When I was 9 my family moved to Canyon Lake and we remained friends thanks to great parents who kept us in touch with each other and would meet half way to get us together. Soon enough we were adults and we continued to remain best friends. Even though we had our own struggles and differences throughout our friendship we have put those aside and remembered what friendship is really about. I tell my children all the time that as you grow up many different friends will come and go but if you keep 1 good friend from it throughout your life you are truly blessed. I can say that I have 3 really good friends that I have kept in contact with and I think friendship is one of God's great gifts. I am thankful for each and everyone of them and the bond that we share.
So a few months ago my best friend Tiffanee and I decided to plan a cruise together. (Dec. 11-16) We found one out of Galveston since she is chicken to "fly" and we got the cheapest one available...literally the bottom, very back right next to the "wave breaker" which made noise ALL night long! WE could have been in the broom closet and would have had a great time anyways! We went to Progresso which wasn't the best port but Cozumel was absolutely beautiful and we had a great day at the beach...that is another post all on it's own! (what a story!) I had so much fun and can't wait to plan our next adventure! I love her so much and am so thankful that she has been my bestest friend in the whole world for over 36 years!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The greatest gift to me is friendship's. Im so thankful, and blessed for my Best Friend Heidi. I have the best childhood memories with her. As we grew up, turned into adult's we are really different. One thing will alway's remain the same. Our love for each other, we will alway's be there for each other. Forever.

LEIGH, BLAKE, TAY & TEAGZ said...

jealous!!!!