Wednesday, January 20, 2010

17 Again...Happy Birthday Melissa


Today is Melissa's 17th birthday and oh how I sometimes wish I was 17 again. It was a really fun time in my life. A little responsibility but not too much. That is how she is starting this year out. She just got a car with the help of her Grandpa and her dad over in Japan. My dad did the shopping around and picking out. Narrowing it down to 2 vehicles that were both brand new and under $300 a month. Now she's gotta figure out how to help out with gas and insurance (pretty expensive since she crashed the truck a few months ago)
She is an amazing daughter that would make any parents proud. We are especially! She excells in school and gets straight A's. She is a really great cheerleader and has stuck with it for all 3 years of high school so far. She tries to always do the best she can and is brave to let those girls..some of who have partied too much the night before throw her up in the air and catch her. I know I wouldn't trust them to catch me. She knows right from wrong and seems to be making good choices in her life. She is on student council and recently joined the debate team which travels and competes. She was scheduled to go this weekend to Phoenix again for another competition and was all prepared with her topic and now,because of the snow it is cancelled...which she is bummed about. She really has a passion for it and loves to debate hot topics. It kinda makes me sad in one way to see her spreading her wings but then in another I want to yell "fly girl..FLY!" Happy Birthday I love you so much.

3 comments:

Melissa Cowling said...

awh thanks mom =]
you are the greatest.
I love you! And I hope I get to spend my birthday with you tonight!!

Amber said...

cute car for a cute girl. Happy Birthday!

Bethany said...

wow, what a great birthday gift! lucky!