Here are some more pictures from Halloween this year of the kids. I haven't been the best with pictures lately as it seems every camera I have gets broken by me. I don'y know why I just can't seem to take care of it probably because I just throw it in my purse and it gets all beat up in there. I wonder if I had one of those great big beautiful Canons or Nikons if I would cherish it more and take excellent care of it? This past week was Veterans Day and Trentons class put on a program for our Veterans. His teacher this year was also Melissa's teacher in the 6th grade and this is her last year teaching. She spends weeks having the kids write to veterans and invites them to the program. It was so special to attend this event and be reminded of how much has been and is being sacrificed for our benefit. There were songs sung and poems read and a beautiful slide show with music. All of the forces were represented in uniforms and even some wounded veterans. Of course I cried through the whole thing! I couldn't even hold it together as Trenton as a boy scout carried in the flag and we all stood to sing our national anthem. I have such a special place in my heart for veterans, my own grandfathers who served our country and for my mothers father who died on Iwo Jima as a marine doing his duty when she was only 4 years old. I am blessed to live in this country and have all the freedoms I have. Thank you veterans one and all! Happy Veterans Day!
Tuesday, November 15, 2011
more Halloween and Veterans Day
Here are some more pictures from Halloween this year of the kids. I haven't been the best with pictures lately as it seems every camera I have gets broken by me. I don'y know why I just can't seem to take care of it probably because I just throw it in my purse and it gets all beat up in there. I wonder if I had one of those great big beautiful Canons or Nikons if I would cherish it more and take excellent care of it? This past week was Veterans Day and Trentons class put on a program for our Veterans. His teacher this year was also Melissa's teacher in the 6th grade and this is her last year teaching. She spends weeks having the kids write to veterans and invites them to the program. It was so special to attend this event and be reminded of how much has been and is being sacrificed for our benefit. There were songs sung and poems read and a beautiful slide show with music. All of the forces were represented in uniforms and even some wounded veterans. Of course I cried through the whole thing! I couldn't even hold it together as Trenton as a boy scout carried in the flag and we all stood to sing our national anthem. I have such a special place in my heart for veterans, my own grandfathers who served our country and for my mothers father who died on Iwo Jima as a marine doing his duty when she was only 4 years old. I am blessed to live in this country and have all the freedoms I have. Thank you veterans one and all! Happy Veterans Day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment