Monday, December 12, 2011

My attitude of Gratitude

This could have been me



I wanted to document this event that recently happened in my life and my complete attitude of gratitude. I had left the house at the beginning of a snow storm to go into town to purchase some things to decorate the church for our ward Christmas party. I had gotten about 5 miles from home and an RV began to brake in front of me. I slowed down and watched it veer into the left lane to miss the semi in front of it making a flat bed truck that was in that lane try to go diagonally between me and the semi. It skid sideways and smashed its back end into the semi but managed to keep going off the road into the snow. I was terrified and looked into my rear view mirror only to see a semi coming at me and sliding around as it was trying to brake. The person driving that semi truck saved my life by going into the lane next to me and rolled their truck into the embankment. I could hear cars crashing behind him as I slowly went around the semi in front of me and proceeded to call 911. I then went to town but was so shaken up turned right around to head home knowing the freeway would be closing and sure enough the west bound lanes were dead stand still. I sat there for about 20 min and then decided to drive illegally in the emergency lane to the next exit "Flagstaff Ranch Rd" I was able to go down the road a bit and get back on after whatever accident was blocking both lanes. The snow was so heavy I had to drive about 15 mph. There were more accidents causing the highway to close for 8 hours. I think about how close I was to possibly being hurt or killed and because I was being watched over and protected I am still here to be a wife, mother, sister, daughter, and friend. I am having Christmas and able to hug my children and tell them how much I love them. I have so much gratitude for the way it turned out and I will forever be thankful to my Heavenly Father. I Love my family so much and hope that they will never have to be without me until I am old and gray!

No comments: